AFAs are a new, unique, and fully patented (U.S. Patent #6197317 and 6703030) Cosmeceutical. In fact, AFAs, we believe, are the first cosmeceutical to be patented in this millennium. AFAs are based on the same natural acidic amino acids that serve to retain moisture in human skin. They are also potent antioxidants an extremely helpful against photo pigmentation. They are remarkably free of irritation at effective pH levels.
AFAs are the first cosmeceutical ever to utilize these valuable acidic amino acids as part of a skin care regimen. Independent Board Certified Dermatologists and Plastic Surgeons have clinically tested AFAs for over three years and there have been no adverse incidences reported as a result of their use.
"AFA' is an acronym for Amino acid Filaggrin based Antioxidants. Filaggrin is a protein that occurs in the upper layer of the skin, the responsible for the skin's ability to retain moisture. They are also the same amino acids used to produce AFAs.
AFAs Have Little Irritation Compared to AHAs
There is little irritation with the AFA Gels when compared to even neutralized AHAs. This may be due to the effect of the amino group that is retained in the AFA molecule, which might modify the causticity of the AFAs without changing the overall pH of the molecule. The addition of purines to the AFA Gels also serves to attenuate any potential irritation or causticity.
AFAs Have 7 Unique Advantages as Topical Anti-Aging Cosmeceuticals:
1. AFAs promote greater moisture retention in human skin
2. AFAs have 3 fold greater antioxidant potency than AHAs
3. AFAs are very effective exfoliants
4. Patients notice visible improvement quickly (often within a few days)
5. AFAs are more powerful against photo-pigmentation
6. AFAs have little irritation when compared to AHAs
7. AFAs are not photosensitizing
- AFAs are amino acid based skin care.
- AFA is an acronym for amino acid filaggrin-based antioxidants.
- AFAs are based on the same amino acids that are recognized as an integral part of the natural moisture system of human skin.
- AFA act as exfoliants and antioxidants with significantly reduced irritation.
- AFAs supplement the natural moisture system, so patients experience far less dryness.
- AFAs significantly improve the appearance of fine lines, and skin texture.
- AFAs provide outstanding results on photo-pigmentation or aged spots.
- The program includes in office treatments and products for patient home use.
- Two US patents have been issued based on the uniqueness of the formulas and the powerful antioxidant abilities of the AFAs.
- AFAs unique formulation allows the peels and products to be used in tandem with other cosmetic procedures, including IPLs and other laser procedures.
- AFAs are only available in Canada through medical professionals and are sold in over 25 countries.
More information about Skin Care:
Book Your Appointment Today
Located in the Vernon Sterling Centre, our clinic offers a warm, inviting atmosphere for our patients.Contact Us