Unwanted body and facial hair is a common problem for many men and women of all skin types. Laser hair treatments are safe, effective and convenient way to achieve permanent hair reduction. These treatments deliver outstanding results, saving you time and money.
Who can get laser hair removal?
Laser hair removal treatments traditionally work best on people with fair skin and dark hair since the light from the laser does not get absorbed by dark pigments in the skin surrounding the hair follicle. However, devices with longer wavelengths, such as Nd:YAG lasers, have the ability to treat darker skin types, as they can reach the deepest hair follicles with lower light absorption by the surrounding skin.
What if I have darker skin?
We use a high quality Fotona Dynamis Nd:YAG laser and it can be used on all skin types. It uses an exclusive method of laser delivery called Avalanche FRAC3®. This scientifically proven method is based on a technique by which the absorption of laser light in the hair follicle is increased with each successively delivered laser pulse. The Avalanche method helps reduce discomfort and improves efficacy of the treatment for darker skin tones.
What can I expect?
Because hair grows in cycles, several treatments are necessary to achieve permanent results. You can expect anywhere from 10-25% hair reduction with each treatment, and the regrowth following treatments is usually lighter and finer. Typically, treatments are performed every 4-8 weeks.
Pre & Post Care for Laser Hair Removal Treatments
- You will need to shave the entire area you desire treated the day before your planned your laser hair removal treatment.
- Avoid exfoliating like Retin-A, alpha beta hydroxyl acid, alcohol toners, or any irritating creams for one-week prior your treatment.
- Do not apply any perfumes, deodorant or makeup to the desired area the day of your treatment. Use a broad spectrum SPF 30 or greater sun block before and after your treatment.
- No artificial tanning, which includes tanning beds and spray tans, anytime within 2-3 weeks before your treatment.
- After your treatment the hair may appear to grow for up to two weeks. This is simply the treated hair being shed from the follicle.
- Immediately after your laser hair removal treatment there likely will be some slight redness, swelling around the hair follicles, and mild discomfort similar to sunburn. Cool packs may be applied.
- You may also notice during and immediately after your session the smell of burnt hairs. This is normal.
- Avoid swimming pools and spas treated with chemicals or chlorine until the skin returns to its normal condition.
- On any facial areas treated you must not have any facials or peels until skin returns to normal condition.
- No deodorant for 24 to 48 hours if underarm was treated.
- Do not rub, or pick at the treated area. Do not use any loofahs or abrasive scrubs for at least 5 days.
- Avoid strenuous sports activities or hot water/ saunas/ jacuzzi for 3 days.
- If a crust develops, apply Aloe twice daily, to keep the area moist until healed.
- Contact our office if the area shows signs of infection or blistering.
- Continue to use sunblock SPF 30 or 50 for the duration of your treatments.
Scheduling Your Next Treatment
- Shaving is recommended between sessions and the 1 or 2 days prior to your next appointment.
- Your session is typically scheduled in four weeks for facial areas, six weeks for Brazilian and underarms, and eight weeks for body.
- Interruption of this schedule may cause less than optimal results.
- Between treatments, do no Electrolysis, waxing, threading, or tweezing. However shaving is encouraged.
More information about Aesthetic Laser Treatments:
Book Your Appointment Today
Located in the Vernon Sterling Centre, our clinic offers a warm, inviting atmosphere for our patients.Contact Us