Urine leakage and vaginal dryness are a natural part of ageing… suffering is optional. It’s time to get the conversation started!
As women, we have a natural reproductive life that spans about 40 years from puberty to menopause. During that time, we have an abundant supply of hormones like estrogen and testosterone that keep our genital organs functional and our sex drive high. As menopause approaches and for the years that follow, these hormones are in short supply. Add that to the damage caused by childbirth, and collagen loss due to ageing, and we are facing significant physical problems:
- vaginal cells produce less natural lubricant causing dryness and irritation
- muscles in the vaginal wall atrophy or shrink, reducing our sensation and ability to have a satisfactory orgasm
- weakened bladder and urine leakage when we cough, sneeze or exercise
- collapsing vaginal walls or prolapse of tissue from the opening
- a shortened, stiff vagina that creates pain with intercourse
- avoidance of sexual intimacy and low sex drive
A treatment that is effective, safe and non-invasive
Lubricants, hormone creams, pessaries and surgery offer some hope to managing the symptoms, but are frequently ineffective, messy or come with unpleasant side effects and complications. This led me to research options and to become one of the first physicians to adopt laser vaginal rejuvenation.
Introducing Fotona SMOOTH, a non-invasive procedure approved by Health Canada for the treatment of vaginal atrophy and urinary incontinence. The laser works by stimulating vaginal cells to make natural lubricants while also increasing both collagen production and blood flow. The result is improved support for the bladder and a better functioning vagina.
Studies conducted worldwide show consistent results:
- 95% of women experienced better sensation and more friction during sex and 50% had better orgasms
- More than 95% of post-menopausal women reported reduced vaginal dryness, and less irritation and pain with intercourse
- 80% of women who had severe urinary incontinence were free of symptoms or had only mild leakage
The procedure is safe, painless, takes only 15 minutes with no down time. I recommend 3 treatments over 3 months. You can expect improvement in symptoms over the next 6 months with ongoing results for more than a year. After that, regular booster treatments will help maintain your results
Each patient I see is unique and treated as an individual. No one size fits all…
I take each patient’s specific needs into consideration when designing a treatment plan with the goal of restoring vaginal health, bladder control and improving quality of life. There are different options for treatment depending upon the symptoms.
Vaginal Rejuvenation has changed my life!
“I was diagnosed with prolapse, so when I was in Dr. Hatfield’s office for hormone treatment and saw the information on VR I decided to give it a try. Thankfully, the prolapse issues have disappeared with the laser treatment and exercise, but it came with an unexpected bonus…relief from pain during sex! Yeah! Never saw that coming, but so grateful!” - WR